Automation Engineer St Joseph
Kay Manufacturing Company provides value-added precision machining services of forged material to domestic automotive subassemblies on a high-volume production basis. We are currently looking for an Automation Engineer at our St. Joseph, Michigan facility. At Kay, we believe that by providing our employees with good benefits, a solid working wage, safe work environment and open communication, we create an environment in which employees are happy and committed to their jobs. The Automation Engineer is responsible for designing, integrating, and testing control, vision and other automated systems for both facilities – Calumet City, Illinois and St. Joseph, Michigan. This individual will provide support and training to others.
- Design control systems for new or existing machinery, including electrical systems, programming logic, robotics systems and vision (ability to design pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical systems as well is a plus)
- Write, modify and troubleshoot machine ladder logic, PLC & HMI programs for new and current machines
- Provides engineering support to production equipment and processes, including advising maintenance on electrical/programming issues
- Demonstration and application of technical electrical & controls engineering expertise/knowledge
- Write, modify and troubleshoot Fanuc robot program for new or existing process applications
- Support the installation and integration of Vision systems (Fanuc iRVision, Banner, Keyence, Cognex)
- Interpret and assure compliance with all national, state and OSHA electrical standards on plant equipment
- Coordinate automation campaigns
- Perform other associated responsibilities
- Travel may be required
- Ensure Contractors adhere to our safety regulations and guidelines
- Performs other associated responsibilities
- Strong understanding of electronic circuitry.
- Knowledge and experience with PLC logic and controls (RSLogix, Siemens, Fanuc 16-31i)
- General understanding of the national electric state codes and OSHA requirements.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD Electrical, must be able to create and edit electrical prints electronically and printed copies.
- Strong communication skills required for interaction with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to read, interpret and develop pneumatic and fluid schematics, electrical drawings, and basic mechanical drawings is required.
- Knowledge and experience with Fanuc robotics programming
- Excellent verbal and written skills.
- Proactive & results driven. Able to balance priorities and work load to deliver projects on schedule with budget.
- Ability to demonstrate organization and record keeping skills for maintaining project timelines, documentation and proper detail/assembly schematics.
- Proficient in the use of all Microsoft Office products (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, Project), AutoCAD, CAM software
- Experience with PROFIBUS, Ethernet and/or other communication networks a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in electrical and/or controls engineering.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
St. Joseph, Mi
Full Time Hourly
Apply for this position:
"*" indicates required fields