cnc machine operator st joseph
Thoroughly understands the machining process while achieving maximum productivity along with maintaining minimum defective material or scrap.
- Performs all job functions in such a manner that Company quality objectives and standards are met in order to ensure customer satisfaction
- Ensures compliance with all associated quality procedures, control plans, and quality management system requirements
- Responsible for identifying and communicating any quality problems utilizing plex to management and must understand the potential consequences to the customer of parts that do not conform to quality requirements
- Produces at the prescribed rates while achieving great quality standards
- Consistent production of 90% of prescribed rate
- Achieves 0.5% to 1% max scrap rate, along with, not aiding to a customer complaint
- Visually inspects material per the visual standards process
- 100% adherence to gauging product per the check sheet and SPC requirements in the control plan.
- Follows operator instructions and control plans for a particular process
- Makes approved minor machine offsets and tool adjustments, notifying a supervisor of any machine inadequacies.
- Records in PLEX, production and scrap data every box/layer/or skid as required by the cell specific control plan.
- Updates the cell status box and enters workcenter issues into the workcenter log located in PLEX on a regular basis during the operators shift.
- Ability to understand and maintain the flow of a process
- Understanding and regulate use of lean principles
- Understand tooling applications and geometry
- Understand where and how to access company data and to communicate using the company standard methods of communication
- Remove tags from empty boxes & completes tags and or documents required for production traceability
- Required to move material manually when applicable
- Maintains clean work area
- In some instances travel may be required
- Performs other associated responsibilities as assigned
- Safety Awareness
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to read a minimum of 6 pt font held at arms length
- Ability to add and subtract negative and positive integers
- Ability to understand and use both English and metric units of measurement
- Basic print reading
- Minimum age 18 years
- NIMS Certification preferred (Level I)
- Basic computer skills
- Reliable transportation is a must.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
St. Joseph, Mi
Full Time Hourly