manufacturing engineer st joseph
The Manufacturing Engineer designs and maintains manufacturing processes to satisfy customer requirements. This individual will be required to lead or participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning activities. The Manufacturing Engineer also must be able to apply lean manufacturing techniques to analyze and improve the manufacturing processes in his/her production area of responsibility.
- Monitors daily activities, troubleshoots production issues and coordinates maintenance efforts to resolve
- Monitors his/her production area of responsibility for scrap, efficiency, quality, manufacturing costs and production capabilities – creates and leads efforts towards continuous improvement of these workcell metrics
- Creates and maintains process documentation, operator instructions and standardized work instructions for the machines and processes in his/her area
- Assists in the training and education of operators to work instructions and processes
- Uses 2D and 3D CAD to design tooling, workholding and automation for workcells
- Some travel to suppliers and customers as required
- Creates and follows timelines to lead or assist in APQP activities to meet customer requirements
- Complete quotation proposals for new or altered customer programs using an understanding of modern manufacturing concepts, calculations of process cycle times, tooling and workholding design, manufacturing machine, tooling and gaging costs, and labor and overhead requirements
- Communicates with vendors to select and order new equipment and tooling, or coordinate the maintenance service of existing equipment or tooling
- Works with Quality Engineering Department in maintaining process capabilities, addressing customer complaints and analyzing data to create robust tooling systems
- Ensure Contractors adhere to our safety regulations and guidelines
- Performs other associated responsibilities
- Has a professional technical vocabulary, and can communicate effectively both verbally and in written form to both internal and external customers
- Familiarity with various machining operations such as turning, milling, hole making, spline forming, induction hardening, grinding, etc., both from a workholding and a tooling/processing standpoint
- Familiarity with CNC G-Code programming, both manually and with CAM software
- Knowledge of the automotive drivetrain is a plus
- Advanced mathematical and statistical concepts or procedures such as trigonometry and statistical process control
- Must demonstrate proficiency in analytical reasoning to effectively and systematically troubleshoot process issues
- Must know basic quality inspection and testing concepts
- Must know how to read and interpret blueprints and GD & T information
- Familiarity with the Advanced Product Quality Process and TS16949 quality requirements and documentation
- Must be willing to travel
- Must be proficient in such computer skills as Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project, etc.), AutoCAD, CAM software
- Demonstrates leadership qualities by coordinating team efforts, and achieving delivery and budgetary requirements
- Works well in a team environment with a positive, constructive attitude
- Bachelor degree in Manufacturing, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand, walk, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools or controls. The employee frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel or crouch.
The employee must regularly lift and move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
< Back to All Open Positions
Full Time, Salaried