Quality Engineer Calumet City
The Quality Assurance Engineer supports production and Kay’s customers to ensure cohesive understanding and performance to quality requirements. The QA Engineer works with Manufacturing Engineering to analyze production performance metrics to improve the reliability of the process. The QA Engineer also actively participates as an internal auditor to support the company’s adherence to the standards of the Quality Management System.
- Analyze daily production quality data such as scrap, SPC capability, delivery performance and other collected quality data and initiate corrective actions and continuous improvement projects to improve sub-standard performance.
- Maintain relations with assigned customers to act and central point of contact for any quality, delivery or other customer service concerns.
- Prepare and maintain production Control Plans and PFMEAs.
- Coordinate customer PPAP activities and prepare the necessary documentation packages for submission.
- Initiate supplier PPAP requests and review documentation for approval.
- Lead APQP team and manage the APQP checklist for responsible production program launches.
- Assist in writing and maintaining the integrity of the procedures within the Quality Management System.
- Maintain regular contact with customer to ensure all of customers’ supplier scorecard performance metrics are met with satisfactory results.
- Constantly review customer supplier quality requirements for changes/updates. Introduce update to the product team and ensure the requirements are consistently met.
- Monitor and manage the quality and delivery performance of key suppliers.
- Manage the 8D problem resolution process for both internal and external issues for responsible production programs. Coordinate containment activities with internal personnel or contract services as necessary.
- Conduct periodic supplier visits for audits of their Quality Management Systems.
- Occasional travel to customer locations to address quality or other performance concerns.
- Must meet one of the following:
- Certified ASQ Quality Technician
- Certification through a quality technology program of a community college or vocational school
- Bachelor’s Degree in Industrial Engineering or other quality/statistics program
- Has at least 5 years of experience working in the quality profession in the automotive field
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present data and other information both verbally and in written form to internal and external customers/suppliers
- Understanding of product traceability and quality containment procedures
- Understanding of basic gaging and inspection techniques for a production environment
- Experience with APQP, PPAPs, 8D root cause analysis, MSA/Gage R&R Process and PFMEAs
- Understanding of the implementation and management of statistical process control
- Can read and interpret blueprints to be able to identify and interpret critical dimension callouts, Datum structures and GD&T information
- Must possess basic computer skills in Microsoft Office software – experience with Minitab is a plus
Calumet City, Il
Full Time, Salaried
Apply for this position:
"*" indicates required fields